This is a collection of photos from a botanical trek organized by Parco naturale del Marguareis in Piemonte, Italy. We spent four days walking through the Ligurian Alps, and then drove down to the Mediterranean coast to visit the Hanbury Botanical Gardens.
I am adding the photos bit at a time to several pages, also listed in the menu bar above.
Thanks to Ermanno and Marvy for identifying many of the flowers; I am adding captions as I learn the names.
- Flora of the Ligurian Alps, Day 1, Piano delle Gorre — Rifugio Garelli
- Flora of the Ligurian Alps, Day 2, Rifugio Garelli — Rifugio Don Barbera
- Flora of the Ligurian Alps, Day 3, Rifugio Don Barbera — Passo Tanarello — Molini di Triora (updated July 27!))
- Flora of the Ligurian Alps, Day 4, Molini di Triora — Rigugio Allavena — Passo di Gouta – Rocchetta Nervina (added July 27!)
- Fauna of the Ligurian Alps (incomplete)
- Views along the way
- coming soon: Fungi
Here we are leaving Rifugio Garelli at the start of Day 2, lead by our first botanical guide, Bruno Gallino.