Kale just went out of season around here, but for the Fall …
Note that The result weighs a tiny fraction as much as the original ingredients.
- A bunch of kale (as flat and broad-leaved as possible, just for convenience and less waste)
- Olive oil
- Heat an oven to about 275°F/135°C.
- Cut the leafy parts away from either side of the main stems, which are discarded.
- Tear or cut into hand-sized pieces.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil and salt; just enough oil to lightly coat the kale.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Bake, checking and turning after about ten minutes
- Continue for another 5–10 minutes, but check carefully.